Join NYCLSA Today!
Membership runs from July 1st to June 30th, although individuals may join at any point throughout the year. NYCLSA has four categories of individual membership, as seen below. If paying online, include your membership type in the Notes section of PayPal and send completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-Time Active Professional ($35)
Those individuals who are actively involved full-time in post-secondary developmental studies programs or in the administration of them, or those who are otherwise interested in the purpose of NYCLSA
Part-Time/Adjunct Active Professional ($20)
Those individuals who are actively involved part-time in post-secondary developmental studies programs or in the administration of them, or those who are otherwise interested in the purpose of NYCLSA
Retired Professional ($20)
Those who continue to enhance post-secondary education for students in need of developmental and learning assistance or who are otherwise interested in the purpose of NYCLA and who are 55 years of age or more and formally retired from their careers
Those who are training for or working in careers in developmental studies areas or disciplines related to the student learning processes and who are enrolled in appropriate coursework either full-or-part-time.
NYCLSA members have many opportunities to further advance their understanding of developmental education, network with others studying its theory and practice. NYCLSA member benefits include:
- Newsletters published every fall and spring semester
- Semi-annual journal - Research and Teaching in Developmental Education (RTDE)
- Reduced registration fee at annual Symposium
- A voice in officers and business at annual meetings
- Opportunity for participation as an officer, chair, committee member, or regional representative
- Opportunities to apply for NYCSLA scholarship to fund professional development activity
- Access to regional professional activities throughout the year
- Involvement at the national level through the National Organization for Student Success (NOSS)